“The State has an interest in poor women being able to have full access to the best medical care and reproductive options that are legal and available to them. And it’s always only poor women: wealthy women have always been able to seek out secure termination services from private physicians, always. So this is always a question about women without that kind of access. But there was no space for us, as feminists, to say “What the f***?!” because what we have to do is nod, and keep moving, to at least get coverage so we can go get our colds and our cancer taken care of. But meanwhile, these fundamental issues of reproductive rights are still used in the batting cage of partisan politics.”
- Super Cool! “Paper artist Yuken Teruya does the impossible by turning a fast food bag into a stunning sunset-dappled lone tree.”
- In the mood for a smarto lecture? Get thee to AcademicEarth!
- A writer who has covered the topic of abortion for two years faces it head on in this heart-wrenching and difficult article … it made me tearie I must say. For those who assume that the choice to have an abortion comes easily to women, this is a must read.
- Whoa! There’s a secret society of ‘seraphic’ secretaries? That’s kinda weird.
- The origins of the ‘race card?’ United Kingdom, 1950s. From whom? White folks.
- “Do not attempt to reason with a F***tard. It is like trying to knock out a drunk in a fight — can’t be done. Instead, unreason with them. Laugh. Be happy! And make sure you tell them “l’chaim, y’all” as they walk by.”
- Hey, all the people being mad at the banks that some are labeling “populism” … well, it’s probably not even close.
- The real “series of tubes.” Nerd Alert!
- I’m pretty sure we’re still in a recession, and most of us are stretching every penny. So, here’s some advice on how to make the most of loyalty programs and discount cards.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.