- A tool for telling bedtime stories remotely. Cute.
- “You’re asking if the breadth of technology and knowledge available to a writer in 2009 is too much? I always saw it the other way around: that we are living at a time when, for the writer, the book is too little.”
- “For those who are agnostic on this issue, let me slam it into your senses: thevictim of rape is never ever ever ever at fault. Why? Because men are in complete control of their faculties when it comes to the decision to rape or not and blaming the victim is an implicit contradiction of this premise.”
- Yes, I REALLY don’t understand how the Obama administration is responsible for each state’s cooking of their books, and misreporting to the federal government … I really, really don’t.
- Some fabulous questions for librarians in the information age. l
- Save the cacti! H/T Notcot
- “Take all the fixings for a backyard barbecue, and you’ve got the right mix for investing, according to fund manager Mark Travis.”
- Amnesia triggered by sex? Oh noes!
- Maybe I’m a dork, but I’m excited about a 4-D movie: “The film will be shown exclusively at the museum’s new Victory Theater, which includes “4-D” elements such as props, simulated winds and shaking seats. Images from Pearl Harbor to the wintry Battle of the Bulge – the final major German offensive against the Allies – are shown on a 120-foot-wide screen. “
- However, I’m not sure how I feel about the Barenstain Bears making it to the big screen.
- Win a trip to “Spam Jam 2010?!”
- Handbags that look like books?! Yes please.
- 5 Political People Millennials Are Watching and Why
- An inhaler friendly snorkel … for underwater loving asthmatics.
- The last thing I need is another thing that glows in the dark in my bedroom.
- Great ideas for a variety of tomato sauces.
- Who doesn’t need a refresher in drive-thru ettiquette? http://www.slashfood.com/2009/12/07/taco-bell-drive-thru-etiquette/
- The idea of a “Rolling Stone” restaurant is the definition of silly.
- “Vast new natural gas fields have opened up thanks to an advanced drilling technique. While natural gas is a cleaner burning fuel than coal or petroleum, extracting it is still hard, dirty work. Some people who live near the massive Barnett Shale gas deposit in north Texas, have complaints. Health and environmental concerns are prompting state regulators to take a closer look.”
- “‘How would you like it if your mother had an abortion?’ ask the anti-choicers, without realizing that’s like asking, ‘How would you like it if the night you were conceived, your dad decided to go to bed early while your mom stayed up to watch Johnny Carson?’ The answer is, you wouldn’t be here to regret their selfish actions in the abortion or late show department.”
Leave a comment
No comments yet.