- I’m not sure one should hang around something that’s supposed to sting … much less something with the words ‘giant’ and ‘sting’ in the same name.
- Boston Globe piece about fundamentalism WELL worth the read: “… fundamentalist movements share another quality. They are inherently fractious, and this is one reason for their broad decline. When your view of reality is the only acceptable one, you cannot compromise.”
- The Social Security Situation … visually.
- Now that folks are beating the drums about a nuclear Iran again, as they do every few months, here’s Glenn Greenwald to maybe snap us back to reality for a second: “ … exploiting foreign threats for domestic political gain is a virtually universal tool of governments. That, of course, is exactly why the belligerence and threats towards Iran long advocated by America’s Right has as its prime beneficiary the very Iranian mullahs they claim to oppose.”
- This remains CLASSIC: Judges who quote Adam Sandler are keepers thank you very much.
- What your draft beer choice says about you – funny
- Soup. Soup. Soup. Soup.
- This is a pretty neato website. I like numbers in visual form.
- All I want for Christmas is an end to apartheid – Top ten brands to boycott
- Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens debate blasphemy:
- Wow .. Sort of darkly beautiful. An animal that feasts on the tears of another animal: “…A species of moth drinks tears from the eyes of sleeping birds using a fearsome proboscis shaped like a harpoon, scientists have revealed. The new discovery – spied in Madagascar – is the first time moths have been seen feeding on the tears of birds.”
- Well, this was prescient: “I am wondering how long we can pretend this problem does not exist. How long can we continue to buy stocks and flip houses, forget to save, pile up debt, import Chinese made goods, and export debt? Are these useful activities to perform while there’s an economic avalanche bearing down upon us? Unfortunately, I am not smart enough to know the answer. I only know that hoping a significant and mounting problem will go away is not a winning strategy.”
- I adore artful guitar agility H/T Neatorama:
Leave a comment
No comments yet.